Town and Country Property Auctions are required by law to carry out identification checks for everyone who offers, bids or buys at auction.
What the new regulations mean for you as a bidder or buyer at the auction:
- In the case of an individual bidding at auction, we will require a certified copy of a passport and utility bill.
- In the case of an individual acting on behalf of a third party individual, we will require a certified copy of a passport and recent utility bill from both
- In the case of an individual acting on behalf of a company we will require details about the company including ownership information on the ultimate holding company and ultimate beneficial owners of the company, including current addresses and dates of
- If you are unable to attend in person or will be sending us a remote bidding form, we will require certified ID that has been identified by a professionally recognised individual. This will need to be provided to us in advance of the auction date
- Your ID will be kept on file for 3 years and will we will only require updated documents if you change address
At registration for the auction you must provide 2 forms of ID, one photographic and one proof of residence that is dated within the last 3 months (a list of acceptable ID documents can be seen below).
Photographic evidence of identity
- Current signed Passport
- Current full UK/EU photo card driving licence
- Valid ID card (egg, HM Forces, police warrant, prison officer card, government/ local authority issued card
- Firearm or shotgun certificate
- Resident permit issued by the Home Office to EU National
ID can be approved as follows:
Evidence of Residence
- Current full UK/EU photo card driving licence (if not used to prove identity)
- Utility bill issued in last three months (not mobile phone)
- Recent bank/ building society/ mortgage/ credit card statement
- Current house/ motor insurance certificate
- Revenue & Customs tax notification
- Recent council tax bill
- Come to our office with originals and we will certify them free of charge
- Solicitors, the bank, an accountant or other professional body can certify the relevant ID
- The Post Office can verify up to 3 × forms of ID for a charge of £10.50
PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION FOR IRELAND
You must supply at least one document from each list below.
Proof of Identity
- Current Signed Passport
- Current Full IE/ EU Photo Card Driving Licence
- Current full IE Driving Licence* (Provisional licenses not accepted).
Proof of Address
- Current full IE Driving Licence* (Provisional licences not accepted).
- A utility bill issued in the last three months (Mobile phone bills are not accepted)
- Correspondence from an Irish Government Agency (valid for the current year)
- Bank / Building Society / Credit Union statement containing current address
- Most recent original mortgage statement from an Irish/ UK lender
* Current full IE/ EU driving license cannot be used to prove both ID and address. This document can only identify ID or address.
All certified ID can be sent to us at email@example.com.
The purpose of Town & Country Property Auctions obtaining this information is in order for us to carry out customer due diligence in compliance with the regulations. There are no exceptions and Town & Country Property Auctions takes its obligations very seriously
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with Anti Money Laundering Regulations an Experian search can be carried out to verify your identity and proof of residency. This does not affect your credit file. This can be carried out on the auction night or prior. Some clients may find this method more convenient.
If you'd like to get in touch then please fill in the form below.
Alternatively, you can call us today.
Register for auction alerts
By subscribing here you agree to receive relevant emails, news and updates from Town & Country Property Auctions. You can unsubscribe at any time.